Register iTrader FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   BeltfedShooters.com > BeltfedShooters.Com - Belt-Fed Discussion Forums > RPD Belt-Fed Light Machine Guns

Old 05-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Licensed to slouch...

Has anyone added a Slidefire stock to their RPD yet? Or how about doing a RPD pistol with a Shockwave Stabilizer on it.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:13 AM

OK, so decided to chop the North Korean model, the one closest to the camera in the pic, as it is the one with the most work needed to bring it up to scratch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RPD.jpg (121.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-28-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
OK, so decided to chop the North Korean model, the one closest to the camera in the pic, as it is the one with the most work needed to bring it up to scratch.
could we get some good pictures of all the different country top covers in a separate thread please !!!
Old 08-01-2017, 03:04 AM

I have a "bumpfire texas" stock on my DSA carbine. Its the only bumpfire RPD I know of in existence. I originally made my own bumpfire stock out of a CAR stock and pistol grip that I dremeled out and bolted them together with a piece of scrap steel I cut up. It worked great but looked like shit and was a little flimsy. It also made the light primer strike problem worse.

I had someone measure their Bumpfire texas stock for the AK with a buffer tube and it was close enough that I ordered it. Took a bit of sanding to get it to slide freely but not hard. It made me stop thinking about selling my RPD and my GF now knows why I have a $3k gun taking up a lot of space. It could probably take a little refining but ive been working on a scratch built stand up tripod and now a mount like the BFS ones. but life is getting in the way as im moving to a new house, but will have more shop/shooting space to fiddle.

let me know if you have any questions about the setup. I haven't tested it with the Bumpfire texas stock yet, but it should function fine. I also have some stronger springs and spacers for the striker to eliminate the light primer strikes. But that also needs tested. Its hard as all my shooting lately has been running drills to get better with the pistols and ARs. Hasn't left much time for belt feds and DDs
Old 08-01-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
Aren't NoKo guns highly collectible and rare?
Old 08-02-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT FISH View Post
Aren't NoKo guns highly collectible and rare?
Oops, too late.

Tags
details, pistol, rpd