Register iTrader FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   BeltfedShooters.com > BeltfedShooters.Com - Browning Machine Guns > M2 .50 Caliber Browning Machine Guns

Old 12-14-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
Karl, i think your right with scrapping parts out.
when i tore down the bolt i noticed that the sear is weak and so is the spring under it. it is very easy to move. also the spring on top of the trigger bar inside the receiver is just bent over and not in a socket or connected to antyhing. I am not sure i this is correct or not but it doesn't look right. I love KMP stuff as i build 1919's often and i only use their products. I did look into some of their 50 parts. i will definitely be switching out the sear and spring for their version.
I don't see any obvious problems with your sears or trigger at least from the outside.
Maybe that bent spring is indeed the problem.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Karl, i think your right with scrapping parts out.
when i tore down the bolt i noticed that the sear is weak and so is the spring under it. it is very easy to move. also the spring on top of the trigger bar inside the receiver is just bent over and not in a socket or connected to antyhing. I am not sure i this is correct or not but it doesn't look right. I love KMP stuff as i build 1919's often and i only use their products. I did look into some of their 50 parts. i will definitely be switching out the sear and spring for their version.
On picture number 1, assuming that is the trigger bar attached to the out of shape
compression spring shown, I agree with Karl T that that could possible the source of the burst fire.
Yes it is also very possible that the spring that sits under the plate like sear just in back of
the cocking bar could be worn and not allowing proper movement of the sear to do its
job. see part number A9524 on the M2 diagram. Be warned, it is a full auto M2 diagram so that parts are not semi-auto.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50 BMG M2 parts list diagram.jpg (241.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 50 BMG M2 parts list diagram 2.jpg (454.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-16-2016, 06:09 AM
Registed User

Default I can't forsee...

I can't forsee not being able to fit a KMP sear to the bolt... as they can be opened up more or even closed up with weld... If they person with the welder knows what they are doing... I've closed up rails on 30 cal bolts before...

The top plate is my concern as KMP recommends doing the mods before the top plate is attached... Not sure how close the two systems are... Probably would be best to contact TomT at KMP because perhaps they have run into this problem before... If Andrew is going to go ahead with the conversion.

Simple solution would be to try to correct that spring issue... and see if that fixes it... but KMP is absolutely the way to go...

I have all my guns converted out from WLA to KMP style trigger and sears... They just run better... and my excuse was back years ago other companies were coming out with other T&S setups and I wanted to try them so that we could figure the bugs out to help other people... I got the bugs figured out now...
Old 12-16-2016, 08:08 PM

Great advice Kali.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:06 PM

Gents,

after review with the parts out they just don't look right. I am going to change everything over to KMP parts and hope that does the trick. I don't like how weak the sear spring is and the trigger bar and spring are junk. Word to the wise, never buy anything from TNW! I want to thank you all for the kind help and responses. I will post as i get the new parts and install.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:46 AM
Registed User

Default Shoot...

Shoot Tom T an email over at KMP I'm sure they've run into this stuff before because I am not sure if you are going to have to remove the top plate to do the KMP conversion...
Old 12-29-2016, 03:06 PM

Default M3 burst

I have a m3/m2 TNW setup I think its about 12 years old now and has well over 10k rds thru it. It had the modified m3 bolt like you have with the worn breech block area like you have in the first pic, It would sometime double/triple tap. Do yourself a favor and throw out the m3 breech block and get a m2 block and get a different bolt or stone file the one you have to remove the wear areas as the m3 block only has two small areas that make surface contact to lock the bolt. The m2 breech lock uses the full width of the contact area. Maintain the correct angle when stoning the surface. As for the spring find one that has a larger base on one side to keep it from tipping to the side, I had to do this, It been so long ago I cant remember where I got it. I run both heavy barrels and aircraft setup on mine, And still uses the TNW trigger sear setup. I had a m2 bolt cut for the tnw sear sideplate. But still use the m3 bolt with the aircraft setup. I have been to many different shoots and never had any issues other than stated above but once I fixed that she runs flawlessly.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:03 AM

Gents,
after a long wait here, i am finally going to pull this apart and do the fix. I was in the middle of moving to a new place and it took a long time. I am would like to figure out exactly what TNW messed up first. In the end though i will be replacing with KMP parts. this might also help in showing someone else with this problem what to do. I will post some pictures in a bit of the parts and go from there. I can't wait to get this gun fixed and working properly.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Registed User

Default No...

Quote:
Gents,
after a long wait here, i am finally going to pull this apart and do the fix. I was in the middle of moving to a new place and it took a long time. I am would like to figure out exactly what TNW messed up first. In the end though i will be replacing with KMP parts. this might also help in showing someone else with this problem what to do. I will post some pictures in a bit of the parts and go from there. I can't wait to get this gun fixed and working properly.
No worries man... We all have to put things on the back burner... Will love to see what you post on this...

Tags
auto, firing, full, semi, times