Register iTrader FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   BeltfedShooters.com > BeltfedShooters.Com - Browning Machine Guns > 1919A4 .30 Cal Air-Cooled Machine Guns

Old 06-26-2014, 11:10 AM

Default New to 1919's, tech issue, please help

Hello,

I purchased a semi-auto 1919 .308 off of gunbroker.

It appears to be new and nicely manufactured. I am not sure who built it. The seller believes it to be Allied Armament or Ohio Ordnance. It does not say on the 1919.

I took it to the range. When I pull the charging handle back, it properly chambers a round. When I fire, it properly fires a round. It then properly ejects the brass and link. It then properly chambers a new round. Then... nothing. The hammer inside is not cocking back after a round fires.

What is interesting, is that I found if I unload the rifle, and s-l-o-w-l-y pull the charging handle back, the hammer inside cocks, and I can dry fire the rifle appropriately. However, if I pull the charging handle back as quickly and maximally rearward as I can (simulating the rifle being fired and self cocking), then the hammer does not cock and I cannot dry fire the rifle.

Thus, my new 1919 semi auto is single shot rifle, that has to be slowly hand charged for every round fired.

I am brand new to 1919s and belt feds in general. Any thoughts on what this could be? Seems to be isolated to a cocking/hammer issue.

Thanks!
Justin
Old 06-26-2014, 05:44 PM

I had THE EXACT same problem. Drove me nucking futs.

I ended up making a metal piece to hold the spring without the backplate. I then bought an eBay version of a dentist camera, USB . I could stick it in and look around inside the weapon.

In my case the trigger wanted to lay in there ever so slightly cocky and wouldn't reset onto the sear. Once I understood the issue, it only took a few minutes of filing.

Karl
Old 06-15-2017, 08:15 AM

huh OOW trigger issue

My OOW does the same thing. When I pull the trigger one round fires just fine then nothing, trigger does not reset. I can push the trigger forward and feel it reset, fire the next round and trigger does the same thing, push it forward again and it resets. I had the same thing happen to an AR I built, but after about 10 rounds it worked its self out and now runs fine. Any ideas on the 1919 trigger not resetting? I have looked around the forum but this posting is as close as I've come. I'd like to here from someone that knows about this problem before I try to rework any thing. Thanks!!
Old 06-16-2017, 05:20 AM

Check your trigger return spring, you can usually bend them a little to adj.and/or the trigger stop needs to be adj. (the screw that holds the trigger return spring.
Hope this helps both of you.
Greg
Old 06-16-2017, 07:16 AM
Registed User

Default As...

As Greg mentioned it could be the trigger return spring... In addition you might have to pull and adjust the spring to hold the trigger center so it is not cocked to the left of right... If it has the plunger system in it... get rid of it... Go old school and bend a trigger return spring as the tutorial I posted on here...
Look in the 1919 section it should be pinned...

Another issue I have found is loose sear slots on the back of a bolt if the sear slot is to sloppy the it moves backwards and when the firing pin is drawn back it won't engage the retention point on the bottom of the firing pin to catch it... You can test that by pulling the bolt out and manually cocking and firing the bolt buy pulling down the sear... I have taken some bolts out that literally when you hand cock them in your hand they sear will not catch unless you push in on the back of the sear.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:33 AM

Thumbs Up OOW trigger issue

Thanks for the help, now I can go into this with a little more confidence. right now I going to give a gentleman a call about a M3 kit less a barrel and side plate, some one else here said belt feds "are like popcorn ya can't have just one", well there right!!

Thanks again guys, till next time......
Old 06-16-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralex397 View Post
Thanks for the help, now I can go into this with a little more confidence. right now I going to give a gentleman a call about a M3 kit less a barrel and side plate, some one else here said belt feds "are like popcorn ya can't have just one", well there right!!

Thanks again guys, till next time......
You got that Right, started here 6 years ago with a 1919a4 now I have 2 1919's, a 1917a1, 2 RPD's, MG34. 2 MG42's, a 1910 Russian Maxim and a M3HB
Good luck
Old 06-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Moderator / Angry Monkey

Send a message via AIM to GUNRUNNER5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbyenko View Post
You got that Right, started here 6 years ago with a 1919a4 now I have 2 1919's, a 1917a1, 2 RPD's, MG34. 2 MG42's, a 1910 Russian Maxim and a M3HB
Good luck
NICE!

Old 08-24-2017, 07:57 PM

what do you look for in adjusting the trigger stop?

Also per the original question when you fire it if you force the trigger to return does it cock the gun or not? if so I would start with the trigger spring, mine had to be bent way out to get the proper tension on the gun it was weird. also you can remove the rear plate and take out the spring then cock the gun and watch how the sear and trigger mate fire repeat quickly and see if anything is not lining up properly. But do remove the spring (the name escapes me right now) Hope this helps.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:30 AM
Registed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schimms15 View Post
what do you look for in adjusting the trigger stop?
You want to make sure that it is adjusted so that it goes through the point of tripping the sear... but not to far backed out so that the back plate hits the screw when you put the back plate back on...

Tags
1919, issue, tech