Register iTrader FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   BeltfedShooters.com > BeltfedShooters.Com - Belt-Fed Discussion Forums > PKM Belt-Fed Machine Guns

Old 05-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Licensed to slouch...

Arrow Budget PKM Optic Rails

First up is the Zenit PKM rail.

If you're looking for a forward rail system for your PKM this is it. Price & function make this a super buy. This rail system system fits nice and tight and does not wobble at all, it is rock solid and features 4 rails. I'm not sure if the the Russian army is using this or if it was designed for the new all steel airsoft PKM's that are out there but either way it fits a real PKM without any problems.

The top rail can be taken off leaving three rails. This will allow you to slide your barrel on and off. If you want to leave the barrel on and run a red dot then the top rail will have to be bolted back on.

Shown here is a 45 degree rail mount adapter. This will allow you to run a forward pistol grip for extra support when shooting off hand. This part is bought seperatley. Works awesome.

If you want to run a red dot on the front the top rails allows co-witnessing with no problems at all.

Borrowed pics showing an Eotech mounted. I think it looks much better with an Eotech and would go with an XPS-2 or XPS-3 if I decided to run it this way.

Next up is a rear optics rail that was made specifically for the all steel airsoft PKM's. I wanted to just see how well this fit on a real one and if it had any fitment issues I was going to just toss it in the trash. Well my plans for throwing it away were ruined when I put this one on. Fitment was excellent on this it locked right into place and and simply tighten the side screw and it is rock solid no wiggle at all. I took it off and on a few times and didn't leave a scratch on my top cover. I still cannot believe how well this fits and for the price its a super buy.
This rail is made machined out of steel, its not too heavy and is milled out so its lighter. The picatinney rail is machine nicely and fit all my rings perfectly no wobble or slop on this at all. For the price on this rail you really can't go wrong on this. I think when they designed these for the airsoft they copied all the dimensions off the real deal so it's no wonder why these airsoft parts fit so well nowadays especial when everything is CNC machined.

Some pics of the rail.

Sliding it on.

Slide back to where its tight then tighten the ambi screw.

Sorry about the Ca-legal grip thingy on there it kinda ruins the picture.

If you decide you want to try them out for yourself this is where I got mine on the cheap with fast shipping. The prices are so good if these don't work out like you want them too it's not going to hurt your pocket book but so far I really like them and I'm pretty picky on what I run and usually I don't go cheap on stuff but what the hay these are working out pretty good so far.

1. Zenit PKM front rail system. $72
http://www.asiaairsoft.com/index_epr...oducts_id=4539

2. PKM Top cover rail. $38
http://www.evike.com/products/47313/

3. 45 degree off rail for forward hand grip (two different style you can choose from) I bought both to try and they both fit rock solid. $10 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261450848139...84.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331183737273...84.m1439.l2649

4. QD shorty forward grip. (Tango Down shorty forward grip)

(Knockoff version) Fitment is great no wobble.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251271997514...84.m1439.l2649

5. Front sling attachment for the forward rail. If you're running the Zenit rail system then you will need one of these for your front sling attachment. These are heavy duty and are made of steel.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Magpul-P...item1c3f79b482

Hope this mini review helps.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:38 PM

Its amazing how good some of the airsoft stuff can be. Lots of deals to be had out there.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:42 PM

I have the front rail and like it a lot. It's much nicer grabbing that when firing off the shoulder then a hot gas tube. I do not keep the optic mount on it though. I don't like having a quick change barrel that cannot be changed. Also it keeps the optic way too far out front. I didn't notice they had the one for the top cover, and only 10th the price of the of the real ones. Im half tempted to buy one of the airsoft pkm's just to get the black furniture.

When i first got it.

Now
Old 05-05-2014, 05:22 AM

that's some kool stuff for cheap!

i bought a svd bipod and saved 0ver 500 bucks and it look as good as the original i had.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Licensed to slouch...

Found a Russian video using the Zenit PKM front rail.

Side mounted optics.

ArmaDynamics PKM-RAP
http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Acce...LMACH-002.html

Optics on a Zastava M09 (5.56 mini PKM)

Would be nice to get this optic with mount.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:07 AM

Some nice looking guns there.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:25 PM

Got my scope mount. Unfortunately it doesn't fit my top cover.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:45 PM

Whats the country or origin on your top cover / gun?
Old 05-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Licensed to slouch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrunner99 View Post
Got my scope mount. Unfortunately it doesn't fit my top cover.

Fits my Hungarian top cover with no problems. Went and checked it on a Romanian PKM top cover right now and yep sure enough its doesn't fit. Looks like its slightly wider in one area just in front of the rear site on the left hand side (opposite side of feed tray). Looks like you have a Romy PKM?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:10 PM

It is a romy. I modified it a little and it will work. Then I went to put my7.62 matech. Aim point on it and it the cope mount is to large. Guess I need to take some more measurements

Tags
optic